Lismore Veterinary Clinic was established in 1955 by Dr David Jones following in the footsteps of his father who was a veterinarian for the Pastures Protection Board. David wanted to provide the Northern Rivers with high quality professional veterinary care for both large and small animals. The practice had its humble beginnings in rooms under his first home at 79 Uralba street. As the practice grew a purpose built veterinary hospital was established at the current address of 20-22 Uralba Street. A major refurbishment in 1998 reinforced David’s commitment to providing Lismore and the surrounding districts with a professional and caring veterinary practice for many years to come.
Richard Creed joined the practice in 1992 and became a partner a few years later. David retired at the end of 2000 and David’s son, Nick Jones, entered into partnership at the beginning of that year.
Today the clinic has expanded to four veterinarians and a large team of dedicated nursing and lay staff.
The 2017 flood inundated the clinic to a depth of approximately 2.6 metres and did significant damage to the the fixtures and fittings. This prompted another extensive renovation and refit of the practice.